Community Involvement & Planning
Rannpháirtíocht an Phobail & Pleanáil
In this Category the Tidy Towns Adjudicator can award 60 Marks
Marks are awarded for the overall quality of the Entry Form, town / village map and appropriateness of backup material submitted with your entry. Other key issues are the participation of the local community, businesses, schools and youth in general; working partnerships with local civic agencies; works carried out and appropriate projects completed; existence of an achievable updated Tidy Towns Plan. Consideration will be given to social inclusion, whole of community approach, the role of volunteers and new residents that is apparent in activities.
Here the Adjudicator requires detailed information regarding the Committee and its involvement in the Community, this is provided by completing an Entry Form – addressing the following:-
- Details on the number of people involved on the Tidy Towns Committee:
- Details regarding the level of voluntary commitment:
o Number of Tidy Towns meetings;
o Number & nature of community meetings;
o Details regarding general involvement of the community;
o How new residents are involved:
- Provide a list of all of the agencies (Statutory / Voluntary), bodies and businesses that support the activities of the Tidy Towns Association – whether through sponsorship, resources, funding, advice, etc.):
- Details on how the Tidy Towns Association communicate the tidy towns message throughout the community:-
o Copies of newsletters, press releases to newspapers;
o Records of public meetings held and topics;
o Details of email, social media accounts, website, etc.;
- How do you engage with your local schools?
o How do you involve schools in your work?
o Are there Green Schools in the town?
- How do you engage with your youth clubs?
o How are youth clubs / transition students involved?
o Do you have a Junior TidyTowns?
- How long has the town been entering the Tidy Towns Competition?
- How has the community /town benefited from involvement in the competition?
- Provide a summary of how the Tidy Towns Association sees their contribution to the development of your community / town.
The Association must also provide a detailed Map – onto which each project is marked as guidance to the Adjudicator, copies of a 3-5 year development plan and a selection of press-cuttings published during the year.