There are a number of ways you can volunteer:
Newbridge Tidy Towns is always on the lookout for extra help and new volunteers. We are not looking for a big commitment – but if you think you have a couple of hours to spare each week, we would love to hear from you.
We have volunteering opportunities with many outdoor tasks, but there are administrative / clerical / report writing or research opportunities as well.
Examples of projects which we undertake are:
- Tree Planting / Maintenance;
- Newbridge in Bloom;
- Liffey Linear Park Maintenance;
- National Spring Clean / General Clean-ups;
- Planning / Administration;
- Residential Estate Competition;
- Erecting bird and bat boxes;
- Submissions to Council Planning Proposals (Part 8, Street Improvement Plans etc.);
Your Residents Association will also be looking for help in the maintenance of your residential area and the approaches / entrances to your Estate.
So if you have an interest in, or expertise or ideas for improving the appearance of our town in any of the following areas please contact us at Newbridge Tidy Towns
- Enhancing our Built Environment & Streetscape;
- Improving Landscaping & Open Spaces;
- Protecting and developing Wildlife Habitats & Natural Amenities;
- Contributing to Sustainable Waste & Resource Management;
- Helping with Tidiness & Litter Control;
- Assisting in maintaining Residential Streets & Housing Estates;
- Improving the appearance of Approach Roads, Streets & Lanes
Gloves, Hi-viz Vests etc. supplied.